New Sermon/Small Group Study Series begins Aug. 13 for 6 weeks.
THE MOVIE: THE INSANITY OF GOD is being shown at Trinity on Sunday morning in two parts, 1st part on July 30 and the 2nd part on Aug 6, at 10:00 and 11:15 in room 113/115.
The film is based on the best-selling book The Insanity of God and is the true story of missionaries Nik and Ruth Ripken. After the death of their son, this ordinary couple journeys into the depths of the persecuted church, asking the question- IS JESUS WORTH IT?
How does faith survive, let alone flourish in the places of the world that are over come with the darkness of sin, despair and hopelessness? Join the Ripkens as they tell the story of being taught by believers in persecution, “how to follow Jesus, how to love Jesus, and how to walk with Him day by day even when it doesn’t make sense.”
To watch the trailer to the movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX6SWxwKZSE
THE INSANITY OF OBEDIENCE
- Sign up for small groups in the church atrium now!
- Suggested donation for the study guide is $13
- Group leaders will have the study guide or see Joyce Clinger for one.
- This sermon/small group study begins the week of Aug. 13 for 6 weeks.
- Check out the website: nikripken.com
How do we begin to walk and work with God, especially in dangerous places? Based on the documentary The Insanity of God, this Bible study presents missionary Nik Ripken sharing true stories of people who are suffering for the name of Jesus.
This study is an invitation to open your heart, your mind, and your eyes to the realities of walking with Jesus in difficult places. Engage with Scripture and see what it means to be a true follower of Jesus, not just someone who believes certain truths. Discover the answers to key missiological and theological questions about living sacrificially for the cause of Christ. Believers play a significant role in God’s divine purpose. Observe how Christians all over the world are not only surviving but also thriving in the midst of persecution.
1) Missions - This session deals with God’s command to be on mission and our response to His command. The Bible is to be lived out in the present active tense.
2) Persecution - This session explores faith in persecution and suffering. Is obedience on this level insane, especially in the midst of popular theology that encourages obedience leading to success and comfort?
3) Family - This session deals with the spread of the gospel by addition and exponential growth. Faith grows in families and communities, from a single believer to small groups of believers to succeeding generations.
4) Growth - This session deals with the dynamics of healthy growth.
5) Victory - This session describes and celebrates the miracle of victorious living through an enduring faith—especially in hostile environments.
6) Church - This session is a summary and personal call to action for individuals, groups, and churches to join God’s mission—no matter how insane obedience may look. Why? BECAUSE JESUS IS WORTH IT!
Don't miss this life-changing study!